Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Music Blog

Welcome back in to Chief 187 Chatter and the Friday Music Blog. I love this feature, as it is the doorway to the weekend. The weekends offer times to unwind, see friends, relax, and do things we want to do, not always the things we have to do during the school/work week. Wishing you a weekend filled with all of your favorite pursuits. Now, on to today’s Friday Music Blog focus.

Music is a unifier, a relaxing tool, an agent to inspire pep, and myriad other things, but music can also wreak havoc with your brain. There are those songs that no matter where you are, what you are doing, the song irritates like nothing else can! These songs seep into your consciousness and rattle your otherwise calm demeanor and insight violence! The music goes up your spine, hurts your ears, and brings the onset of a killer headache. Whether bubblegum pop anthem, hard rock/metal ‘noise’, or Broadway gems, some songs just rub people the wrong way. What are the songs that annoy, irritate, nauseate, and otherwise burn you up? The songs that make you change the station, leave the room, or go on the rampage? Like the proverbial fingernails on the chalkboard, what songs can you simply not tolerate?

I want to welcome and thank all of the Chief 187 Chatter readers for their support. We gained more new readers and reached a tremendous milestone:  10,000 pageviews! It is a gratifying and glorious feeling to know that the ideas, topics, and subjects that are important to me, resonate with you. I look forward to watching the rest of the year unfold and the pageviews rise. I also want to offer my Twitter ID for you all to feel free to follow my Tweets:  @Chief187s (please note the final “s”). Start following my Tweets now!

I encourage you all to visit the site over the weekend to catch up on topics you may have missed, look at the archives, find a movie title, try a new recipe, or simply enjoy a quick read. I hope to see you all back here on Monday as we begin a fresh new week of blog topics here at Chief 187 Chatter. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. If I get any of these stuck in my head today, I'm going to be very upset.

    Solid- Ashford & Simpson
    All By Myself- Celine Dion (or any other version)

    These songs will get the station changed immediately if not sooner. AUGH!

    There is nothing redeeming about either of these songs in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music has always been part of my life. Growing up with a struggling musician as a father most of my first memories involve music.

    Last week my favorite radio station changed it's format without any notice. I drove to work jamming to the Black Eyed Peas (who i don't like at all) and some awesome tunes from the 80's and 90's. 9 hours later I drove home to the sounds of Kenny Rogers and Reba from the 1980's. Gone was the station that played everything replaced by a station that played classic country songs.

    First I was highly annoyed but I still haven't changed the station in the car or on the radio in the bedroom (i sleep with it on every night) because these songs bring back memories of my childhood. I remember going to my dad's gigs and hearing him sing some of these songs. I remember hanging out with my grandma in the kitchen or in the yard and hearing these songs for the first time.

    Sure some of these songs irritate the heck out of me, but because they are associated with great memories.

    I still can't hear Alabama's 18 Wheeler - Roll On without turning up the radio and singing at the top of my lungs like we did when mom got a car with a tape deck back in the late 80's - it was the only tape she had. We wore it out playing it so much. And I can't hear the song The Gambler by Kenny Rogers without remembering my dad singing it to me before bed when I was little.

    Although if I can't get Reba's - When whoever's in new england out of my head I might scream!

    ReplyDelete