Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Music Blog

Welcome to the Friday Music Blog on Chief 187™Chatter. This is the last of the 2011 Christmas-themed music blogs so let’s make it a good one! Christmas music is among my

favorite genres of all times so I have a sadness that the season is nearly over. It will be a pleasure for me to listen to my Christmas mix on my iPod for the next week! Whether you love it as much as I or can't wait for the radio stations to return to normal, this is the last of its kind for the 2011 Friday Music Blog with a Christmas slant.


This week’s focus is Christmas songs that mention Santa Claus in the title or lyrics. There are many Christmas songs, but not all mention the gift giver. Please list any and all songs that include Santa Claus. Be sure to include the artist.

My Christmas gifts are plentiful this year and many came early! Chief 187™Chatter picked up its 85th follower (thanks Jason!) this week, surpassed 41000 pageviews, and is now well on

its way to the next milestone! I realize that some blogs get these numbers in an hour whereas this is an all-time total, but I am so humbled, honored, and grateful for each and every view this blog gets. The fact that you, my readership, think enough of my words and stories to read my work and return to read more each week is the highest compliment you can pay me.

I ask you to leave your selections for this prompt and return throughout the day and weekend to check what has been added. I will be taking the weekend off but encourage you to check out the Gift Guides I’ve posted, catch up on some Simple Joys, or utilize the Monday Movie Blog topics to find some great movies to watch on your days off. Finally I invite you to join me on Monday for another fresh start to the week with new and original blogs on Chief 187™Chatter.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! Thank you so very much for spending a portion of your day with me!



Best,

Chief 187™

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, this is a tough assignment: there are SO many songs that mention Santa, and most have been done by SO many artists. But what comes to mind for me as top choice would be Sanata Claus Is Coming To Town and my favorite version would have to the one by Burl Ives. Let's see if I can find it... Yep, here it is, at least a snippet of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNdn3idRwkM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great season for we who savor anticipation! As a child the time from halloween to Christmas seemed an epoch. Now it flies by. We didn't have videos or dvds but we had record albums & pulling those out every holiday season was as much a part of tradition as decorating the tree! My favorite album was Gene Autrey and all those sinv along songs so I offer Here Comes Santa Claus to those who remember and a Happy Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus! - Jimmy Boyd

    ReplyDelete