Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tantalizing Thursday

Welcome to Tantalizing Thursday on Chief 187™Chatter. Christmas must contain cookies for many. While there are traditional ones that must be in the mix, some like to add a new recipe to liven things up. On my search to do just that but still stay safe within the confines of my children’s favorite tastes, I followed the following recipe and put my own add-ins in to make a scrumptious concoction. I hope you enjoy the recipe and have fun serving it up with your favorite add-ins!

Triple Chocolate Cookies


Recipe by http://verybestbaking.com

Ingredients:

• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels,divided
• 1/3 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
• 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.

COMBINE flour, cocoa and baking soda in medium bowl. Melt 1 cup morsels and butter in large, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in nuts and remaining morsels (dough will be soft). Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto lightly greased baking sheets.

BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.




I’m sure these cookies are good as baked above, but I wanted desperately to omit the nuts and

add white chocolate morsels in lieu of the 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips called for and add red and green M&Ms. I did the substitutions and produced a ridiculously delicious cookie

that not only tasted amazingly good, but looked fittingly Christmassy dressed in red and green.

I’m sure this dough would take any add-ins from raisins to dried cherries, milk chocolate chips to pecans, and anything in between!

Whether you bake cookies from scratch or pick out a log of dough at the grocery store, baking cookies, especially with little ones, can be a very memory-making time. My children, doused in flour, mouth caked in dough; love to “help” Mommy cut out sugar cookies using holiday cutters. They enjoy using the mixer and stirring or even adding the chocolate chips and M&Ms! As my children get older they help me measure ingredients and get more involved with the actual chemistry and mathematics behind the baking. Of course, they still eat the dough, too!

From my kitchen and home to yours, I wish you a fabulous time making and eating cookies this Christmas Season!









1 comment: