Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Media Blog-Most Romantic TV Couples

Welcome to the Monday Media Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.

As I’ve mentioned in the past, I took a lot of my cues about life from television when I was growing up.



I watched many sitcoms, studied familial relationships, and secretly yearned to live a “television life”.

As I aged I realized that real life was not sorted out neatly at the end of a thirty minute (twenty-two minutes of actual show time) episode; real life is messy, complicated, difficult, yet richly rewarding.


Among my favorite shows were the ones where the principles were in love. Whether it was Heathcliff and Claire Huxtable or Sam and Diane, Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham or the parents on Growing Pains I loved watching strong, passionate chemistry.




Chemistry, as it were, cannot be faked; either actors share it with one another or they don’t. I was always most attracted to the programs where the leads had tremendous chemistry.

This week’s focus on the Monday Media Blog, in honor of Valentine’s Day tomorrow, is the most romantic television couples. These couples need not be restricted to sitcoms; any program on television from any era, decade, or station is acceptable.

Please name the program the couple was on and the characters.

Name all of your favorites!

Please join me tomorrow for Chief 187™Chatter’s most popular post of any week, Simple Joys!

Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Remember, all kinds of love should be celebrated on that day, so, go out and spread some LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely the Huxtables.

    But I recall Alex & Ellen from Family Ties. Not only were they sweet together on screen they have been married in real life for years and years!

    I watched a lot of General Hospital. The story line between young Robin & Stone has always been my favorite and most tragic. Even now if I see a flashback I flood with tears. Going along with GH, Luke & Laura, while the start of their relationship wasn't great (or even appropriate) it is a wedding that rivaled the royals. I loved Jax and Chloe. Frisco & Felicia. Duke & Anna. Sean & Tiffany. Kevin & Lucy. Scotty & Dominique. Ned & Lois. Rick & Bobbi. Emily & Nicolas. And the best, most long standing romantic relationship in the history of GH: Edward & Lila. **sigh*

    Corey & Topanga? lol! Zack & Kelly (saved by the bell).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say Clair and Cliff Huxtable and Mike and Carol Brady - even with all those kids! :) Ross and Rachel are a no-go for most romantic. Weren't they more "off" than "on"?

    ReplyDelete