Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Media Blog: Television Cliffhangers

Welcome to the Monday Media Blog on Chief 187™Chatter.

With the summer season upon us and Dallas making a splash in its second incarnation on television my thoughts have recently revolved around television

cliffhangers.

The first cliffhanger I distinctly remember was the “Who Shot J.R.?” Dallas episode that ended the 1979-1980 season.



It was all anyone could talk about and the first time I recall t-shirts emblazoned with that very question linked to the television series.







Later in my Dallas watching days I recall the year in which Bobby Ewing was “dead” and, in the May 1986 cliffhanger episode, reappeared without explanation. That, too, was a long summer not knowing what happened!

Although my examples stem from Dallas episodes, there are countless other programs that have utilized the cliffhanger effectively.

What cliffhanger kept you abuzz all summer long and riveted to your television sets once September came around?



Join me tomorrow for the uplifting and positive Simple Joys on Chief 187™Chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment